Privacy & Cookies Policy
Last Updated: 15 January 2018
Macdonald & Muir Ltd collects the details provided when you enter our website www.glenmorangie.com or [www.glenmorangie.com/caskmasters] (www.glenmorangie.com/caskmasters (the “Site”) and the use of it. We will collect additional information in connection with your participation in The Glenmorangie Cask Master programme offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback. Mandatory information to be provided is identified as such by an asterisk or other clear indication. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and Site use which enables us to improve the service we provide. So that we can monitor the popularity of our Site, understand what pages visitors are looking at and how often visitors come to our Site, and identify the source of new business, we collect data in web access lots and via cookies. This data is entirely anonymous and doesn't identify individual users. This means that there is no reasonable way for us to identify the individual person this data was collected from.
Some territories do not permit the advertising or promotion of alcohol. When you access the Site geolocalization tools are used to ensure that you are not accessing it from a territory with a restriction. This is necessary for the proper operation of the Site.
We will use Your information to manage our relationship with you, to provide and personalize our service and communications, including for customer segmentation and profiling.. We may use Your information to conduct marketing and promotional campaigns, contact you (via email, regular mail, phone, mobile or otherwise) about products and services of Glenmorangie, the Moët Hennessy group and other special offers and events that may be of interest to you.
You may choose not to receive any marketing from us or wish to review your preference regarding receiving marketing material and contact. To notify your choice or change your preference, please refer to Section below.
Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Please note Macdonald & Muir Ltd will never pass Your information to anyone else, except:
- when you have given your prior consent to such communication to a third party,
- to Glenmorangie distributors and any successors in title to our business,
- to other entities of the Moët Hennessy group, both in the UK and abroad, for marketing and communication initiatives and to conduct marketing research, statistical and trend analysis,
- to service providers and suppliers that process data on our behalf both in the UK and abroad (including hosting and IT service providers, email service providers) to manage or support our business operations and to assist us with our marketing operations,
- when we are required by a judicial authority or any other administrative authority to provide it with such information
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Macdonald & Muir is an entity of the Moët Hennessy group which operates its businesses worldwide. Your information may thus be sent outside the European Economic Area (EAA), to other entities of the Moët Hennessy group or to our service providers for the purposes identified in the Section above, including to locations which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EAA. We will ensure that, where Your information is transferred to such places, it is cared for with at least the same level of care as is required under applicable data protection legislation.
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a one (1) year period following their collection date.
Please note however that:
- data related to subscription of current services (for instance newsletters) will be destroyed 1 month after you have notified Macdonald & Muir Ltd that you want to unsubscribe to such services, and,
- data related to the Glenmorangie Cask Master programme will be destroyed 1 year after the end of this programme
Macdonald & Muir Ltd and its provider have made every reasonable effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data, and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However and despite our implemented technical and organizational security measures, Macdonald & Muir Ltd and its provider do not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet, and therefore warns the users of the Site of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet.
You have a right to access the personal data that is held about you, to obtain a copy of the personal information Macdonald & Muir Ltd holds about you, to correct any mistakes or to object to the processing of such data.
You also have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website or use our "unsubscribe email" link to opt-out of personalized emails.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at: email@example.com or write to Macdonald & Muir Ltd, Marketing Department, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 3AT.
Technical nameDescription & Aim
__ga, __gat, __gat, __AccountWebanalytics cookies from Google analytics enabling to collect statistical and anonymous information about Site navigation (notably seen pages, date, time and duration of connexion).
fbsr__# fbm__#Facebook session management (only used where you have signed in with Facebook)
ci_sessionCode Ignitor Session cookie
You can also disable cookies in your web browser. However, this may disable all cookies used by your browser, including those from other websites, which may cause certain settings or information to be altered or lost. Disabling cookies may change your browsing experience on the Site, or may make navigating around the Site more difficult.
You can disable cookies in your web browser as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and above
- Go to ""Tools"", then ""Internet Options"".
- Click on the ""Privacy"" tab.
- Use the cursor to select the level you require.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5
- Go to ""Tools"", then ""Internet Options"".
- Click on the ""Security"" tab.
- Select ""Internet"", then click on ""Custom Level"".
- Under ""cookies"", select the option you want.
Netscape 6.x and 7.x
- Click the ""Edit"" menu, then ""Preferences"".
- Privacy and security.
- Go to ""Tools"", then ""Options"".
- Click on the ""Privacy"" setting.
Safari 3.x for Mac OS X
- Click the ""Edit"" menu.
- Click the ""Preferences"" option.
- Click the ""Security"" option.
- Click ""Display cookies"".
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the ""Privacy"" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the ""Cookies"" section, you can change the cookies settings.
Further to the terms & conditions of use governing the access and use of the Site, we do not collect any data or information concerning persons who are under legal alcohol consumption and purchasing age in their location of residence, but make no guarantees to this effect in the case of persons who are mis-representing themselves falsely when accessing or using the Site.