Terms & Conditions of Use
Last updated: 13 April 2018
- This website ("Site") is operated by Macdonald & Muir Limited, the brand owner of the Glenmorangie products.
- Macdonald & Muir Limited ("Macdonald & Muir", “we” or “us”) is a company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC19038. Our registered office is at The Cube, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT and our registered VAT number is GB269119536.
- Our Privacy & Cookies Notice which explains what information we will collect from you when you use the Site and how we will use this information also applies to you.
About this site
The Site is provided for personal, non-commercial use. The Site provides users with details about Glenmorangie products and events and provides you with links to sites on which you may book tickets for tours at Glenmorangie Visitor Center or rooms at Glenmorangie House. There is also the option to register for an account. Please see the section below headed "Account Registration and Security" for more details about registering for an account.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Site and/or to register for an account. If you are underage, please do not attempt to use the Site and/or register for an account. If we believe or verify that you are not aged 18 or over, we may suspend or cancel your access to and use of the Site until you have provided us with acceptable proof of age.
Account registration & security
- If you choose to register for create an “account” with the Site, you must ensure that the information that you provide on registration or at any other time is correct, up to date and complete. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering by updating your personal information in order that we can communicate with you effectively.
- Please note that your registration is non-transferable.
- When you register for an account you will be asked to create a password. You must keep this password secure and confidential and must not disclose it to, or share it with, anyone. If you know or suspect that someone else knows your password or is using your account you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- If we have reason to believe that there has been or is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site, we may require you to change your password or we may suspend or cancel your account and your access to and use of the Site after warning you thereof and without responsibility or liability to you.
- You can cancel your registration at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Cancelling or suspending your use of the site
- The suspension or cancellation of your registration (if applicable) and/or your right to use the Site shall not affect either party’s statutory rights or liabilities.
Access to the site, changes & updates
- We shall endeavour to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the Site, but we do not warrant to do so. Access to all or any part of the Site may be restricted from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance or updating. We may update, amend, suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site and/or its content at any time and without notice.
- Please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via this Site, unless otherwise stated, we do not give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material appearing on it.
Intellectual property notice
- This Site and all materials, text, code, content, software, videos, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, marks, formats, files, devices and links contained in it or linked to it (together "Content ") are protected by copyright, trademarks and other rights of intellectual property owned by us or licensed to us. Anyone accessing this Site is entitled to view any part of it. However, the Content must not be used nor reproduced (in whole or part) for any other purpose including on or in connection with another website or publication or for commercial gain without our express written permission. Furthermore, any links to this Site must be notified to and approved by us before they are created or steps are taken to create the same.
Third party content and links
- We have no responsibility for content provided by third parties and are merely providing access to such content to you:
- We have no obligation to verify the content of such information or to edit any such information provided by third parties; and
- We have no control over such content and do not endorse, support, represent or warrant the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any third party details and you acknowledge that any reliance on such information will be at your own risk.
- Websites or pages to which this Site is linked (other than other websites operated by us) are for information only and have not been reviewed by us. We have no responsibility for the content of such websites or pages and accept no liability for any losses or damage whatsoever that may be incurred as a result of any linking to the same.
- To be of minimum age legally required to consume and/or purchase alcohol in accordance with the regulations of your Country/Region of residence,
- To use the Site for your personal use only, and in your personal name, excluding therefore any commercial or other use without our prior written consent,
- To provide, when relevant, personal data being true, up-to-date and accurate.
You may not in any way represent or act on behalf of Macdonald & Muir, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees. When using the Site, you must behave responsibly, in compliance with any applicable law, with courtesy and respect (towards any other users), Macdonald & Muir Ltd, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and third parties. You must notably refrain from:
- Uploading, displaying, sending by e-mail or sending by any other means any files containing viruses, codes, text files, software or similar items which could disrupt, interrupt, destroy, damage or limit functionalities of any software, hardware or telecommunication material,
- Disrupting or interrupting the Site, its servers or networks connected to the Site, or infringing the related requirements, procedures or rules,
- Infringing (including any attempt) the Site functioning, notably by exposing the Site to viruses, creating an overload of consultation of the Site or its servers, sending "spams" or overloading the Site messaging system,
- Accessing privileged or non-public information or accessing a server or account for which you are not expressly granted access to,
- Trying to assess or test the Site vulnerability, breaching security or authentication measures of the Site without our prior written consent,
- Conducting any illegal activity or any other activity likely to infringe rights of Macdonald & Muir Ltd, its subsidiaries, affiliates, providers (including technical providers and contractors), customers and third parties, as well as refrain from encouraging third parties to do so,
- Uploading, displaying, posting, sending by e-mail or by any other means any illegal, detrimental, adversarial, defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, obscene, threatening, against decency, infringing third parties rights, shocking or disparaging content or the like,
- Uploading, displaying, posting, sending by e-mail or by any other means any unsolicited or non-authorised commercial or promotional content, junk mails, spams, chains or any other solicitation,
- Sending or forwarding by e-mail or by any other mean (including by sharing) any content of the Site to persons under the legal alcohol drinking and/or purchasing age in their Country/Region of residence or residing in a Country/Region restricting or prohibiting the advertising of alcoholic beverages. If no such laws exist in their Country/Region of residence, sendee must be over 21.
You must comply with any and all applicable regulations and laws related to your behaviour on the Internet (including mobile communications) and transmission of technical data.
Where relevant, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate or withdraw your access to the Site without notice in case of breach of your obligations under these conditions, without prejudice to claim damages.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable in any way or in breach of these conditions.
You accept that we may freely and peacefully use, at no cost and without any restriction, any content posted onto the Site.
User generated content (when applicable)
Users are solely liable of any content they may post or upload onto the Site and the consequences of disclosing or broadcasting such content. We do not adhere or approve any content, opinion, suggestion or notice generated by users and we decline any and all responsibility and liability in respect of any such content. You therefore expressly and irrevocably undertake and accept to defend, indemnify and hold Macdonald & Muir Ltd (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) harmless from and against any and all demands, claims, proceedings, liabilities, losses, interest, penalties, damages, costs, expenses, and charges whatsoever (whether founded in contract, tort or otherwise) (including without limitation all reasonable legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses incurred as a result of defending or settling any such claims) which may be incurred by Macdonald & Muir Ltd (and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) as the result of any claim, suit or proceeding brought or threatened against Macdonald & Muir (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) in connection with:
- Any content or part of content posted by you and/or using your terminal,
- A breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or agreement made by you under these conditions;
- Any infringement of third party rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights and publicity rights.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable in any way or in breach of these conditions. You accept that we (as well as any third parties authorised by us) may freely and peacefully use, at no cost in perpetuity and without any restriction, any content posted onto the Site.
- We do not warrant that the Site or its server will be secure or free from bugs, errors, worms or viruses and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of such technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it, save where such loss or damages is due to our wilful default or gross negligence. You should therefore use your own virus protection software.
- You agree that you will not knowingly introduce to our Site viruses, trojans, worms or other matter which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence, including without limitation under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Local laws & regulations
- Our Site is hosted in the United Kingdom and complies with the laws of the United Kingdom. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk.
- We do not represent that content available on or through our Site is appropriate or available in other jurisdictions. We may limit the availability of our Site or any service or product described on our Site to any person or geographic area at any time. This Site is not directed at persons in a jurisdiction where the Site’s publication or availability is prohibited for any reason and any person to whom such a prohibition applies must not access the Site. Those who access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations.
- We endeavor to ensure as far as possible, that the information provided on this Site is correct and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee the correctness, accuracy or exhaustiveness of the information provided on the Site.
- We allow free access to the Site and decline all responsibility and may not be held liable in any case:
- For any interruption in provision of the Site or services accessible via the Site,
- For the occurrence of bugs, viruses and similar technical issues adversely affecting your ability to access this Site,
- For any inaccuracy, isolated and unforeseen error or omission relating to information or Content available on the Site,
- For any damage resulting from a fraudulent intrusion by a third party,
- And more generally, for any direct or indirect or consequential harm, loss or damage, whatever the cause, origin, nature or consequences, which may occur as a result of any type of access to the Site or any inability to access it or the credit given to any piece of information coming directly or indirectly from the latter.
Law and jurisdiction