Terms & conditions
Thank you for accessing this Website www.glenmorangie.com and or www.glenmorangie.com/caskmasters (the "Site"). Please read these User Conditions before using this Site which is operated by MacDonald & Muir, a company incorporated in Scotland, whose registered office is at the Glenmorangie Company, The Cube, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT, Scotland. We operate this Site for the purpose of promoting whisky, an alcoholic drink.
Specific** warning concerning age and country of visitors**: Please exit the Site if you are not of legal age for consuming and purchasing alcoholic beverages or if you are in a country where the promotion and consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted.
By default, we do not want to receive information from visitors under age 21. If you are under age 21, please do not attempt to register on and visit the Site. Should any underage 21 misleadingly register on the Site, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from an underage 21, please warn us resorting to the contact address : MacDonald & Muir (Glenmorangie), The Cube, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT, Scotland.
For more information relating to the responsible consumption of alcohol, please visit the following web sites: www.responsibledrinking.eu or www.drinkaware.co.uk
Whilst we take steps to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via this Site, we cannot guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material appearing on it. We have no responsibility for content provided by third parties (including users of the Site) and are merely providing access to such content to you. We have no obligation to verify the content of such information nor to edit any such information provided by third parties. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any third party details and you acknowledge that any reliance on such information will be at your own risk.
This Site and all materials, text, code, content, software, videos, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, marks, formats, files, devices and links contained in it or linked to it (together "Content") are protected by copyright, trade marks and other rights of intellectual property owned by us or licensed to us. Anyone accessing the website www.glenmorangie.com is entitled to view any part of it. Anyone who has created a Glenmorangie Cask Masters account and thereafter accesses the website www.glenmorangie.com/caskmasters is entitled to view any part of it. However, the Content must not be used nor reproduced (in whole or part) for any other purpose including on or in connection with another website or publication or for direct commercial gain. Furthermore, any links to this Site must be notified to and approved by us before they are created or steps are taken to create the same.
This Site and its content are provided "as is" excluding warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. We accept no liability for functions contained on the Site and make no warranty that the Site will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that any defect will be corrected. We do not warrant that the Site is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Site or its server is free of errors, viruses, worms or "Trojan horses" and we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
You acknowledge that your use of this Site and its content is at your own risk.
Except for liability which we cannot by law restrict or exclude, we shall have no liability to you or any third party for any direct, indirect or consequential damages (including loss of profits), or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability of certain damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you in its entirety.
- to be of minimum age legally required to consume and/or purchase alcohol in accordance with the regulations of your country of residence,
- to use the Site for your personal use only, and in your personal name, excluding therefore any commercial or other use without our prior written consent,
- to provide, when relevant, personal data being true, up-to-date and accurate.
You may not in any way represent or act on behalf of McDonald & Muir, its subsidiaries, its affiliates and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees. When using the Site, you must behave responsibly, in compliance with any applicable law, with courtesy and respect (towards any other users), McDonald & Muir, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and third parties. You must notably refrain from:
- uploading, displaying, sending by e-mail or sending by any other means any files containing viruses, codes, text files, software or similar items which could disrupt, interrupt, destroy, damage or limit functionalities of any software, hardware or telecommunication material,
- disrupting or interrupting the Site, its servers or networks connected to the Application, or infringing the related requirements, procedures or rules,
- infringing (including any attempt) the Site functioning, notably by exposing the Site to viruses, creating an overload of consultation of the Site or its servers, sending "spams" or overloading the Site messaging system,
- accessing privileged or non-public information or accessing a server or account for which you are not expressly granted access to,
- trying to assess or test the Site vulnerability, breaching security or authentication measures of the Site without our prior written consent,
- conducting any illegal activity or any other activity likely to infringe rights of McDonald & Muir, its subsidiaries, affiliates, providers (including technical providers and contractors), customers and third parties, as well as refrain from encouraging third parties to do so,
- uploading, displaying, posting, sending by e-mail or by any other means any illegal, detrimental, adversarial, defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, obscene, threatening, against decency, infringing third parties rights, shocking or disparaging content or the like,
- uploading, displaying, posting, sending by e-mail or by any other means any unsolicited or non-authorised commercial or promotional content, junk mails, spams, chains or any other solicitation,
- Sending or forwarding by e-mail or by any other mean (including by sharing) any content of the Medium to persons under the legal alcohol drinking and/or purchasing age in their country of residence or residing in a country restricting or prohibiting the advertising of alcoholic beverages. If no such laws exist in their country of residence, sendee must be over 21.
You must comply with any and all applicable regulations and laws related to your behaviour on the Internet (including mobile communications) and transmission of technical data.
Where relevant, we reserve the right in our absolute discretion to terminate or withdraw your access to the Site without notice in case of breach of your obligations under these conditions, without prejudice to claim damages.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable in any way or in breach of these conditions.
You accept that we may freely and peacefully use, at no cost and without any restriction, any content posted onto the Site.
Users are solely liable of any content they may post or upload onto the Site and the consequences of disclosing or broadcasting such content. We do not adhere or approve any content, opinion, suggestion or notice generated by users and we decline any and all responsibility and liability in respect of any such content. You therefore expressly and irrevocably undertake and accept to defend, indemnify and hold MacDonald & Muir (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) harmless from and against any and all demands, claims, proceedings, liabilities, losses, interest, penalties, damages, costs, expenses, and charges whatsoever (whether founded in contract, tort or otherwise) (including without limitation all reasonable legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses incurred as a result of defending or settling any such claims) which may be incurred by MacDonald & Muir (and/or its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) as the result of any claim, suit or proceeding brought or threatened against MacDonald & Muir (and its subsidiaries, affiliates, their shareholders, officers, directors and employees, their contractors) in connection with:
- any content or part of content posted by you and/or using your terminal,
- a breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation or agreement made by you under these conditions;
- any infringement of third party rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights and publicity rights.
Where relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor use of the Site and to remove any content which, in our sole discretion, may be offensive, illegal or otherwise objectionable in any way or in breach of these conditions. You accept that we (as well as any third parties authorised by us) may freely and peacefully use, at no cost in perpetuity and without any restriction, any content posted onto the Site.
This Site is not directed at persons in a jurisdiction where for any reason the Site's publication or availability is prohibited and any person for whom such a prohibition applies must not access the Site. Those who access the Site do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations.
This statement sets out our policy in relation to the holding and using of information, which we may obtain from you when you contact us via the Site. We will only use your personal information in accordance with, and for the purposes set out in, the data protection statement included on the relevant web page where you input your information. The relevant web page also allows you to tell us not to use your personal information in these ways.
It is intended that by providing personal information about yourself to us you consent to their use for the above purposes. It is intended that any consent given above will benefit any purchaser of our business. If, at any time in the future you would like us to stop using your details for any of the above purposes please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any provision of these conditions is or becomes invalid or contravenes applicable regulations then the remaining provisions will not be affected.
No waiver by us of any breach of these conditions shall constitute a waiver of any other breach. No failure by us to exercise any remedy shall constitute a waiver of the right subsequently to exercise that or any other remedy.
Websites or pages to which this Site is linked (other than other websites operated by us) are for information only and have not been reviewed by us. We have no responsibility for the content of such websites or pages and accept no liability for any losses whatsoever that may be incurred as a result of any linking to the same.
We do not send unsolicited e-mail ("SPAM"). We may, however, send you information that you request or respond to your e-mails to us. If you would prefer not to receive direct communications from us, just do not opt in in the information collection section. Or, if you decide to have your name removed from our mailing list at a later date, you may do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com with the word "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line.
When you visit our Site, the web server automatically sends us your IP address as well as information including the date and duration of your visit to our Site or even the IP addresses to which you are directed using links provided on our Site. This information may be used in order to adapt the content of our Site to meet your needs.
These conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland and users and MacDonald & Muir hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.