Privacy & Cookies notice
Last Updated: 13 April 2018
For the purpose of this notice the words ('we' / 'us' / 'our') are in reference to the data controller defined below.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This notice sets out how we will treat your personal data.
What information do we collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data (non-exhaustive list):
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, addresses, date of birth, email address); and
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website, newsletters and email services as well as, subject to your consent, offers, news and events related to other entities of the Moët Hennessy group either by e-mail, SMS, MMS, telephone or post; and
- information that you provide to us to book rooms at Glenmorangie House or tours at Glenmorangie Visitor Center; and
- information that you provide to us to reply to your questions, complaints or orders of documents, products or services sent via the “Contact us” or similar forms; and
- any other information that you send to us or we collect about you (e.g. IP addresses).
What about Cookies
For more information, please view our Cookie Notice.
How do you use my Personal Data
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Where we are required to do this by law. This includes in connection with legal claims and compliance purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation).
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do this and where these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. This includes operations to know your preferences better, serve you with meaningful content and advertising or ensure the security and integrity of our website.
Unless you have opted-out from receiving the following (in writing) or tell us at any time in the future that you would like to 'opt-out' from receiving the following, we will, in addition to the purposes noted above, use your email address, postal address, phone number and/or mobile phone number to send to you updates about products, services of Glenmorangie, news and other special offers from us that we think may be of interest to you.
When we ask you to supply us with personal data we will make it clear where there is a statutory or contractual (mandatory) requirement to provide personal data and the consequences of not providing the data.
Recipients of Personal Data
In accordance with law, we may share your personal data with:
- Other Moët Hennessy brands or entities worldwide, for the purpose of sending you information about their offers, news and events. Click here to have access to the list of the entities of the Moët Hennessy group.
- our possible subcontractors (providers of hosting and maintenance services of the Site, etc.), for purely technical and logistical reasons,
- Law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability.
- The purchaser, or prospective purchaser of any business or asset which we are, or are contemplating selling.
The website may contain links to other websites for reference purposes only. We are not responsible for the content, privacy notices or practices of third party websites in these circumstances. Please contact them directly for more information.
We may transfer personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), including to countries which have different data protection standards to those which apply in the EEA. We have put in place European Commission approved standard contractual clauses to protect this data. You have a right to ask us for a copy of these clauses (by contacting us as set out below).
Data is retained for a period appropriate to the purposes for which it was collected and is, by default, destroyed at the end of a one (1) year period of inactivity following their collection date unless otherwise provided by law.
Please note however that appropriate data related to subscription of current services (e.g. newsletters) will be deleted one (1) month after you have notified us that you want to unsubscribe to such services.
We may update this notice from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
We may also notify you of changes to our notice by email.
You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to object to some processing and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you also have a right to object to this. These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities.
Are children allowed to use our website?
We do not sell products or services for purchase by children. All individuals are required to enter their date of birth upon entering the site.
Updating information about myself
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by contacting us as set out below.
You can unsubscribe from the Glenmorangie emailing list at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or by accessing your Account.
Controller of Personal Data & questions
The data controller is Macdonald & Muir Ltd registered in Scotland with company number SC19038 and whose registered office is at The Cube, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT.
Moët Hennessy's Group Data Protection Officer
Should you have any questions about this notice or our treatment of your personal data, please write to us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Macdonald & Muir Ltd, The Cube, 45 Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AT.